Start producing music like the pro’s using Ableton live.
1-on-1 training with Ableton certified trainer // Grammy experienced engineer Dan Giffin
Finish tracks in the first 12 weeks
Develop your own workflow and create music like your favorite artists
Hands-on training learning sound design, mixing, and advanced production techniques
NOT ALL APPLICANTS ARE ACCEPTED.
SCHEDULE A PHONE MEETING BELOW TO APPLY.
discount: Enroll before APRIL 2021
Payment plan available
You won’t get professional training like this at a traditional university.
Here’s what students are saying…
“Dan has helped me produce amazing music in a quick, intuitive, and thoughtful way. There isn’t anything I’ve thrown at him that he hasn’t been able to guide me on, even showing me things that I didn’t know were possible in Ableton Live. He’s energetic and passionate about teaching and unlocks the creative potential.”
Graham The Empire
“I was more than blown away with everything i learned… I had no musical background prior. I feel like I got a foundation to start my music production career….I can hit up the community of producers in this program with any questions I have and always get an answer.”
Beats By Tyler
Lofi / Hip Hop Producer
“I can’t recommend Dan Giffin enough, he is an excellent Ableton instructor. In a short amount of time he helped me gain a stronger grasp of Ableton’s inner workings, refine my sound design and develop a more efficient work flow.”
House Producer/ Musician
Schedule A Phone Interview w/ Teacher
MEET YOUR NEW MENTOR
Dan Giffin is a Grammy experienced producer, mastering engineer, Ableton Certified Trainer, and performs under the artist name Philia. He hosts the Ableton Music Producer Podcast interviewing today’s top music industry experts and has taught Ableton Live to hundreds of producers. Dan has collaborated with world-class musicians including Mac Miller, Machine Gun Kelly, The Band Perry and others. He’s the official Indianapolis Ableton User Group Organizer and has collaborated with the Indianapolis Symphonic Orchestra, as well as hundreds of independent artists across many genres.
In early 2019, Dan trained in Los Angeles with the Electronic Creatives team, a group helping prepare tracks from studio to stage for major label artists including Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Lizzo, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne, Billie Eillish, The Grammy’s, and other events. Dan performed at major music festivals including Electric Forest and shared the stage with Tiesto and others under his music project Philia.
This program is customized for each student, depending on your experience and music goals. Below is a general outline for those new to producing with Ableton Live.
- Introductory meeting; set monthly goals & customized training
- Learn Ableton Live’s Interface
- Producing with Audio & MIDI
- Creating with Live’s Instruments
- Sampling and Advanced Editing Tools
- Creating Song Structure
- Music Theory 101 – Playing Scales
- Automation, Production Workflows & Hacks
- Deep Dive Into Audio & MIDI Effects
- Sound Design 101, 201
- Music Theory 201 – Writing Melodies & Bass lines
- Mixing Fundamentals & Workflows
- Recording Live Instruments & Looping Audio
- Using Mics, PreAmps, and Other Studio Gear
- Post Mixing Tips & Working With Artists
- Using the PUSH 2 & MIDI Controllers
- Methods For Finishing Tracks
- Advanced Mixing/ Intro to Mastering
- 3rd Party Plugins Review
WEEK 5 – 8
- Setup a custom curriculum to advance your skills and accomplish music goals.
- Work on a social media marketing and music release strategies.
Sessions are 2 hours each, once per week at Azmyth Recording Studios near Broad Ripple area. Masks will be required.
Students get additional access to hundreds of Ableton Live course videos & webinars in a variety of topics through LiveProducersOnline.com